- QWhat happens if the event is canceled because of the coronavirus?
- AIf the organizer cancels a trade show, those exhibitors who have paid their exhibitor fee in full for the trade show concerned at the time of the cancellation decision may choose one of the following options i - iii below.
- (i) To participate in a similar exhibition to be held in the same fiscal year (a fiscal year shall be from 1st April to 31st March of the following year, the same shall apply hereinafter) (provided, however, that the Exhibitor shall pay the difference in case that the Fees for such exhibition exceed the Fees; the Organizer will refund the difference in case that the Fees for the canceled Exhibition exceed the Fees for such exhibition.)
- (ii) To participate in the same exhibition to be held in the next fiscal year; or
- (iii) To receive a refund of 70% of Fees (including tax).
The Exhibitor shall choose one option in accordance with the preceding sub-paragraph and shall notify the Organizer within 7 business days after the Cancel Decision. In case the Exhibitor fails to make a notice within the period set forth in the preceding sub-paragraph, the Exhibitor shall be deemed to waive the right of choice set forth in sub-paragraph (1) and lose the right to receive a refund of the Fees. In case the Exhibitor has not paid the Fees at the time of the Cancel Decision, the Exhibitor shall pay the Organizer 30% (including tax) of the Fees of the Exhibition.
Abstract of Exhibition Rules and Regulations which related to changes and cancellation of tradeshow.
Article 10 (Change and cancellation of trade show opening)
- (1) The organizer may decide, due to act of providence, act of terrorism, spread of infectious disease, or other irresistible force or cause beyond the responsibility of the organizer, to close the trade show early, defer its opening, reduce its scale, change its venue, or cancel it.
- (2) In the event that the organizer deems it to be infeasible to achieve the purport or objective of opening the trade show, predicting on the basis of event size, exhibited content, numbers of visitors, or other factors, the organizer may decide to cancel the trade show.
- (3) In case (1) or (2), the organizer bears no liability for resulting damages to exhibitors or other persons.
- (4) Even if the organizer has decided, on the basis of (1), to close the trade show early, defer its opening, reduce its scale, or change its venue, the exhibitor shall pay exhibit booth fees and option fees (two-side opening rights, expenses related to smart decorations, and other expenses other than exhibit booth fees arising directly from a contract between the organizer and the exhibitor, collectively referred to as gexhibitor feesh in combination with the exhibit booth fees) to the organizer in full, and shall not receive a refund of previously paid exhibitor fees.
- (5)1. If the organizer has decided to cancel the trade show, based on (1) or (2), (hereinafter, gcancellation decisionh) those exhibitors who have paid their exhibitor fee in full for the trade show concerned at the time of the cancellation decision may choose one of the following options i - iii below.
- i) Exhibit at a similar trade show in the same year (However, of the exhibitor fee for the trade show concerned exceeds the value of the exhibitor fee for the trade show that was canceled, the exhibitor shall pay the difference. If the exhibitor fee for the canceled trade exceeds the value of the exhibitor fee for the trade show concerned, the organizer shall return the difference.
- ii) Exhibit at the same trade show the next year
- iii) The organizer refunds 70% of the exhibitor fee (inclusive of tax)
- 2. The exhibitor shall select one of the above options, and notify the organizer, within 7 business days of the cancellation decision.
- 3. If the exhibitor does not provide notification within the period stated in the preceding article, the option in Clause 1 shall be deemed to have been waived, and the exhibitor will be unable to receive any refund of the exhibitor fee.
- 4. If the exhibitor has not paid the exhibitor fee for the trade show concerned in full before the cancellation decision is taken by the organizer, the exhibitor shall pay 30% of the exhibitor fee for the trade show concerned (inclusive of tax) to the organizer.